I have decided to move on to other exciting professional opportunities. Opportunities that are only possible because of the incredible experience I have had at xxxx.
During my 4 years with the company, I have seen almost every aspect of the business from high level strategic planning to pipetting in the laboratory. I have also seen xxxx evolve from a promising start-up to a successful company poised to treat patients across the globe. I can best describe my experience as magical- the people I have met, the tasks I have mastered, and the therapy we all believe in so deeply.
I originally came to xxxx as a summer intern who was finishing a master’s thesis about biotechnological art and wanted to learn about the industry. Four years later, I am an accomplished professional with many skills, thanks to the patience and expertise of my colleagues.
As I reflect on my time at xxxx, I have developed a list of things I have learned that I will take with me, and I know it will continue to grow. I’m including them here:
· Hold yourself to the highest standard
· Develop a defined, mutually understood rubric for your role in the organization
· Identify the training, tools, and resources necessary to produce the highest quality work
· Independently research a problem, issue, or question before asking someone else for help or guidance
· Bring people materials that are as close to finished as possible for review
· Pick up the phone and call a person you have an issue with or need something from
· Make people laugh
· Don’t interrupt
· Treat the workplace as a family, initiating trust, unity, understanding, and pivotal bonding points
· Be a sponge for knowledge and understand that humble pie will be served sometimes
· Always have your business card ready to slap down on the table
· Suit up
· Be a complete person whose work emanates from an intrinsic set of qualities. Someone who is inherently and radiantly effective, positive, energetic, enthusiastic, professional, articulate, and intelligent.
I have learned something critical to my future from every person in the organization and I am deeply grateful to xxxx.